On Friday, September 30, 2016, the entire elementary student body of BCS at two campuses participated in a Jog-A-Thon to raise money for campus-specific needs. Ten percent of the money raised also went to various causes as a tithe. Specific needs that the money went toward are listed below:
- A new play structure to replace the 20+ year old wooden structure on the upper playground
- Donating 5% of the funds to Mack Elementary classroom projects that help others through our Service Learning Work
- Donating 5% of the funds to Ninos Tres Rios, an educational assistance program for children in El Salvador
Three Points Elementary
- Campus Improvements, Campus Technology, and Field Trips
- Complete phase 2 of playground equipment, fund class field trips and classroom technology needs such as iPads/tablets.
- Campus Events and Parent Support Programs
- Fund special events such as our annual Science Fair, Talent Show, and hands-on science presentations. Host school-wide parent education seminars with special speakers.
- Tithing 10% of the funds between Ninos Tres Rios – an educational assistance program for children in El Salvador, and Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission.
- New bikes
- Outdoor play equipment
- Field trips
- Classroom service learning projects
Every student at our school participates in our Jog-A-Thon, both by running and by asking their family, friends and neighbors to support their efforts with a financial pledge or donation. Each student races around the track as many times as they can during a specified period of time, and the more laps they run, the more money they raise to benefit their campus!