Celebration Library Program
“That men may know wisdom and instruction, understand words of insight, receive instruction in wise dealing, righteousness, justice, and equity; that prudence may be given to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the youth—the wise man also may hear and increase in learning, and the man of understanding acquire skill, to understand a proverb and a figure, the words of the wise and their riddles.” Proverbs 1: 2 – 6
The Celebration Library Program is one way to support the libraries’ goal of continually increasing in quality and also is a perfect way to celebrate your child.
How it works:
You purchase a book listed on the Amazon Wish List for your child’s school library as a celebration of your child. You might be honoring their birthday; an important accomplishment in sports, academics, or arts; graduation; or you simply want to donate a book because it has influenced them and you want other students to have access to that same resource.
Whether you ship the book or bring it to the school in person, we need to know the following information. You can include this in a note with your online shipment, or attach a note when you deliver the book at the school.
- Family Name
- Honoree Student Name
- Reason for Donation (What are you celebrating?)
The school library receives the book and recognizes your thoughtful donation in the form of a customized bookplate attached to the inside front cover and your name will be listed in an edition of The Viking View. Your child will also have the honor of checking out the book first.
The book becomes a part of the permanent collection in the school’s library for all current and future Bellevue Christian School students.
Need some inspiration?
We have cultivated an extensive list of books on an Amazon Wish List for you to browse. Here are some ideas for what kind of book you might consider donating:
- Purchase a biography of a person your child admires.
- Purchase a nonfiction book that focuses on an event of interest to your child.
- Purchase a book featuring photographs of paintings, architecture, sculpture, etc. from an era or artist your child admires
- Purchase a book about a hobby of interest to your child.
- Purchase a book of poetry by your child’s favorite poet.
- Purchase a book that has inspired or encouraged your child, such as Sarah Young’s Jesus Calling or Timothy Keller’s The Prodigal God.
- Purchase a documentary about a topic of interest to your child.
- Purchase your child’s favorite fiction or non-fiction book.
How To Access the Wish List
To access the Amazon Wish List, you must search using your school library’s email address. Here is a list for your convenience:
- Bellevue Christian Junior/Senior High School: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mack Elementary School – coming soon
- Three Points Elementary School – coming soon
We understand you may have a specific book in mind that would you like to donate that is not represented on the list. Because we need to assure both quality and content, if you choose to purchase a book not listed on the Wish List, please secure prior approval from your child’s school librarian before purchase. Without approval, we cannot guarantee we can include the book in the collection. Librarians can be reached at the email addresses above.
Thank you for supporting the BCS students and libraries!