A new contract MUST be completed each academic year.
The contract is located in ParentsWeb under Web Forms.
Highlights for service changes for 2017-2018
-We have added a morning stop in Canyon Park area to service the Clyde Hill and Three Points Campus. (Stop #102 – Butterfly)
-We have added service to Duvall and Redmond Ridge in the afternoon. (Stop #237 & #238 – Bluebird
-We have added two stops in the downtown Bellevue area, one near the Bellevue Art Museum in the morning, and one near the Bellevue Library both in the morning and afternoon.
Bellevue Art Museum – (Stop #159 – Dinosaur)
Bellevue Library – AM (Stop #151 – Rabbit) PM (Stop #231 – Bluebird)
-Starfish will only be operating in the AM. We have added stops on other routes to accommodate the Kirkland and east Bellevue area.
-The Dinosaur afternoon route has been changed to service Issaquah and Issaquah Highlands prior to Snoqualmie.
-The Lion route will begin to service Totem Lake in the morning for the Mack campus.
If you have any specific questions please email email@example.com
BCS Bus Routing System
Instead of having route numbers, each route has an animal associated with it. All information is listed over on the right of this page.
Want to know if a road on your route is closed? Find out here: Road Closure Update
- To provide safe and efficient transportation for the students of Bellevue Christian School.
- To staff buses with qualified Christian drivers and provide required training.
- To maintain ridership sufficient for efficient operation.
- To maintain and operate buses that meet Washington State regulations.
- To promote efficient methods of travel by encouraging families to use car pools, BCS transportation services, or Metro.
Bus routes and stops will be designed to provide safe and efficient transportation for students. Our goal is a one-hour or less ride time to or from school. Students are to be at their designated bus stop five minutes prior to the scheduled time in the morning. Buses cannot wait at morning stops for late students, or afternoon stops for late parents. At the driver’s discretion, younger riders may be returned to the junior/senior high campus if they are not picked up by parents.
Route and Bus Stop Policies
Location of bus stops and route changes are the sole responsibility of the BCS administration; appeals can be made to the Transportation Manager.
Criteria for determining route changes or bus stops:
- Number of families served by the stop
- Special circumstances (age of children, etc.)
- Route efficiency (time and cost)
- Unauthorized or unscheduled bus stops are not allowed.
- Arrive at bus stop 5 minutes prior to AM pick up or PM drop off.
- Parents are required to provide a note for students when riding home as a guest on a bus.
- Parents are required to provide a note for students getting off at a location other than their assigned stop.
- If your student is an occasional rider, inform the driver of either pick up needed or drop off needed, if possible.
When school has a late start, the morning kindergarten and morning preschool classes are canceled. All day kindergarten follows the altered schedule. Afternoon preschool and afternoon kindergarten operates on schedule.
Junior/Senior High Schedules
The Junior/Senior High will provide a special class schedule for late start days. However, events occurring before school, such as athletic practices, music and independent classes, will be canceled.
Snow Days/Late Start
All buses will operate on regular bus routes.
The only changes will be the pickup or drop off times for each route if we have a late start or if we have an early dismissal. See the route times listed on the right hand side on this page.
Early Dismissal Due to Weather
When weather conditions require an early dismissal from school, parents will be notified through the RenWeb parent alert system.
If weather conditions necessitate the elimination of a bus stop, the bus driver will keep the students on board and return to campus upon completing route.
REGULAR ROUTE TIMES
Clyde Hill JH/SH & Three Points Elementary