Director of Admissions
Central Office | Clyde Hill, WA
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000
Working Hours: Full-Time (Year-round)
The Director of Admissions will serve the Bellevue Christian School community by communicating the school mission and vision to prospective families. The Director of Admissions will lead prospective families through the inquiry, application and acceptance or decline process. The Director of Admissions will also manage data, prepare all admissions related materials and work closely with multiple departments including academics, finance, marketing, and technology to oversee and ensure a smooth application process for all families.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- To serve the Lord, families, administrators and students efficiently and enthusiastically as they investigate and pursue admissions. It is imperative to model respect for, understanding of, and clarity about the mission and goals of BCS to all those interested in being admitted.
- To communicate effectively the mission and goals of BCS to a variety of constituencies and to embrace and promote the vision, mission and goals of BCS.
- To serve as an effective member of the Superintendent’s team.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Manage part-time Admissions Counselor team member.
- Work collaboratively with the Superintendent’s Staff to design and distribute:
Promotional materials, information and application packets, Open House and New Parent Seminar materials, and other appropriate mailings.
- Maintain and update the Open House schedule and all Admissions information for the website and in written materials.
- Register families for Open Houses and New Parent Seminars.
- Coordinate family, parent and/or student visitations with campus Principals.
- Oversee and message the Family Referral Program including management of data for the Finance Office.
Data Management and Reports
- Efficiently track and translate key admissions information to: Superintendent, Director of Development, Finance, Principals, and the School Board as needed.
- Oversee all family data, K-12.
- Communicating withdrawals to leadership as appropriate.
- Generally familiar with all facets of BCS and equipped to share information accurately.
- Plans, gives and/or oversees campus tours and family/student visits.
- Create and provide timely updates of an admissions procedure manual.
- Provide families and campuses information and application packets as needed.
- Maintain regular contact with applying families to move them from inquiry, strategic visit, application to final acceptance or denial.
- Coordinate and oversee application file screening process.
- Direct the BCS Alumni program with goal of increasing engagement through strategic stewardship and cultivation of events, reunions, and communications.
- Direct the Alumni relations program with goal of increasing alumni involvement through: Alumni specific events during the year, reunions (5, 10 and 20 year) gatherings each summer, website presence, and Alumni exclusive social media information.
- Adhere philosophically and behaviorally with the ministry and tenets of Bellevue Christian School and exhibit a passion for BCS and its mission
- Have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Be detail oriented, capable of collecting vast amounts of data accurately, and efficiently translating it into useable information for others in a timely manner.
- A knowledge and comfort with marketing and PR principles and multi-tasking skills.
- Skill, knowledge and experience with MS Office applications.
- Experience with school admissions software (RenWeb) preferred
- In conjunction with finance, guides the re-enrollment process.
- Meet with the Superintendent as needed and participate in district prayer time.
Benefits Package Includes: Paid time off including personal, sick, vacation, and at least 14 paid holidays. Tuition discount beginning in the 2019 – 2020 Academic year.