Maintenance and Bus Driver
District-Wide | Clyde Hill, WA
Working Hours: 1.0 FTE (year-round); Non-exempt.
- Typical day may be 6:30am – 4:30pm with 2 hours off for lunch or 6:30am to 5:00pm with ½ hour lunch. (Schedule at the discretion of the Transportation Manager)
Job Summary: Provide bus/activity bus and van driving services for students to and from school and after-school events as assigned. Provide district-wide maintenance services as directed throughout the year.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- The employee should model to students, colleagues, and the Bellevue Christian school community an attitude of Christ-like servanthood, cooperation, accuracy, and accountability. He/she must be prepared to answer questions with a spirit of patience and honesty. Conflicts that arise are to be resolved through the Matthew 18 principle
- Ability to work unsupervised through the completion of a project or task
- Comply with all state laws and regulations pertaining to facilities and specific products used, along with bus or van regulations.
- Report accidents, student misconduct, troubles with the bus, and traffic hazards along the route.
- Fuel buses, keep the interior and exterior of the bus clean and maintain a clean bus appearance. Check fluids; add fluids if needed and check belts. Perform pre-shift inspection before driving any BCS vehicle.
- Ability to be flexible with changing transportation/maintenance duties throughout the school year.
Facilities and bus maintenance duties on vehicles
- Keep facilities and transportation supplies up to date at all campuses
- Perform minor vehicle maintenance repairs such as replace burned out light bulbs
- Perform minor facilities repairs including plumbing, irrigation, electrical, painting and roofing
- Be able to operate powered equipment including pressure washers, mowers, carpet cleaners, scrubbers and polishers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License with CDL and S endorsement (condition of employment)
- (BCS will reimburse costs for CDL if acquired within 60 days of hire date) * Good driving record for past five (10) years;
- Department of Motor Vehicles report will be required (driving abstract) * DOT physical card
- (BCS will reimburse costs if acquired within 60 days of hire date) * First–Aid / CPR card (required within 60 days of employment)
- May require the ability to lift 50lbs regularly and up to 75-100lbs occasionally
- Required to complete a basic mechanical aptitude test.
Benefits Package Includes: Employer paid medical, dental, 403b contributions, life insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage. Optional vision, additional life, and long-term care insurance plans. Paid time off including personal, sick, vacation, and at least 14 paid holidays.
Dependent BCS Tuition discount beginning in the 2019 – 2020 Academic year.