Central Office | Clyde Hill, WA
Salary: $60,000 – $69,000 DOE
Working Hours: Full-Time; 1.0 FTE (12 months)
The Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining the general ledger, internal controls, bank reconciliation and compliance reporting requirements. The Accounting manager will also act as the primary processor of payroll for Bellevue Christian School (BCS). She/he will ensure all accounting guidelines and procedure are followed and a high level of confidentiality is exhibited with a high degree of accuracy and accountability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Make payments and transfers as requested and charge proper General Ledger accounts.
- Monitor and document accounting systems and processes, recommending ongoing improvements that increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the preparation of the budget and oversee monthly reporting.
- Understand sales tax law and oversee the filing of monthly sales tax reporting.
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end closing and prepare monthly bank and student billing reconciliations.
- Assist the Director of Finance with year-end adjusting entries including: accruals, capital assets and depreciation, investments, release of restricted gifts etc.
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure a clean and timely annual financial audit and assist auditors by providing documentation and explanations as needed.
- Oversee all state and federal reporting and licensing requirements.
- Monitor banking and credit card relationships ensuring strong service and competitive pricing.
- Manage daily department workflow by collaborating with the Finance team.
- Provide training and guidance to new and existing staff as needed.
- Primary payroll processor, ensuring all documents are received and deadlines are met.
- Continually evaluate payroll processing vendor processes, periodically negotiating advantageous pricing. Recommend changes in vendors and processes when appropriate.
- Maintain payroll database, employee payroll files and tracking spreadsheets.
- Provide payroll reports to supervisors on a monthly and quarterly basis or as needed.
- Process payroll related employment verification requests.
- AA in accounting
- 3 – 5 years applicable accounting experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Fluent in MS Office
- BA in accounting
- 1 – 2 years Payroll related experience
- Experience working with reports and file imports
- Assist with updating annual contracts as needed by serving as secondary preparer of contract worksheets.
- Assist with processing and reviewing financial aid and scholarship applications.
- Maintain student Accident Forms and provide school insurance information when requested.
Benefits Package Includes: Employer paid medical and dental (employee only), and optional vision coverage plans. Employer 403b contributions. Employer paid life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, and optional life and long-term care insurance plans. Paid time off including personal, sick, vacation, and at least 14 paid holidays.