BCS@Home: an alternative learning model for Kindergarten through 6th grades
Bellevue Christian is proud to be prepared for our launch of traditional, in-person education five days per week for the coming school year. We pray that public health circumstances continue to allow us to teach, learn, and grow together in person.
For families who desire a high-quality remote learning option for their child, we are also excited to announce BCS@Home.
BCS@Home is an online learning environment where Elementary students of similar age will come together as learners on a daily basis for live and pre-recorded lessons delivered by a dedicated, caring and qualified Bellevue Christian teacher. The daily schedule and learning activities have been designed specifically for the appropriate developmental needs of each grade level. Specifically, our Kindergarten program includes additional one-on-one time for children to connect with their teacher and optional, safe in-person learning activities and social opportunities.BCS@Home will follow the same philosophy, learning objectives and pedagogy that families love about BCS. Your BCS@Home teacher will be committed to developing a personal relationship with your child and helping them grow socially and spiritually, even as they remain at home.
- How is BCS@Home different than remote learning from last spring?
- How will the grade levels be configured?
- Who will my child’s teacher be?
- Which subjects will be covered?
- What is the schedule? How much instruction will occur each day?
- What is the tuition?
- How will learning materials be distributed?
- What happens if the traditional school is forced to close in-person instruction and moves to remote learning?
- What happens if we want to return to in-person instruction in the middle of the year?
- Are there optional opportunities for social interaction with classmates or others in the BCS community?
- Who provides the technology?
- My child is in Student Academic Services. Can we participate in BCS@Home and still receive these services?
- I’m in! What’s next?
Update - August 20:
The 5th-6th Grade BCS@Home program is now full. Students may be placed on a waitlist in case spaces open up or another section opens. Other grade levels continue to fill-up quickly. Please click on the Admissions link above for more information or to apply.