BCS@Home: an alternative learning model for 1st through 6th grades
Bellevue Christian is proud to be prepared for our launch of traditional, in-person education five days per week for the coming school year. We pray that public health circumstances continue to allow us to teach, learn, and grow together in person.
For families who desire a high-quality remote learning option for their child, we are also excited to announce BCS@Home.
BCS@Home is an online learning environment where Elementary students of similar age will come together as learners on a daily basis for live and pre-recorded lessons delivered by a dedicated, caring and qualified Bellevue Christian teacher.
BCS@Home will follow the same philosophy, learning objectives and pedagogy that families love about BCS. Your BCS@Home teacher will be committed to developing a personal relationship with your child and helping them grow socially and spiritually, even as they remain at home.
- How is BCS@Home different than remote learning from last spring?
- How will the grade levels be configured?
- Who will my child’s teacher be?
- Which subjects will be covered?
- What is the schedule? How much instruction will occur each day?
- What is the tuition?
- What happens if the traditional school is forced to close in-person instruction and moves to remote learning?
- What happens if we want to return to in-person instruction in the middle of the year?
- Are there optional opportunities for social interaction with classmates or others in the BCS community?
- Who provides the technology?
- My child is in Student Academic Services. Can we participate in BCS@Home and still receive these services?
- Why are you only doing this for grades 1-6? Why not Kindergarten?
- I’m in! What’s next?