Counseling at BCS
The Counseling Department at Bellevue Christian School is dedicated to providing developmentally appropriate, data-driven, effective counseling services to all students. In order to most effectively do so, BCS School Counselors collaborate with all stakeholders in students’ lives. We seek to empower students to find their voice, to advocate for themselves and for others with integrity and conviction. Ultimately, the Counseling Department aims to equip all students with the tools to thrive in a rapidly changing world with confidence in their own value and abilities.
Counseling Department Philosophy
The Counseling Department is committed to:
Fostering a safe and welcoming school environment for all students.
Committed to a comprehensive counseling program following the ASCA National Model.
Assisting students in identifying and overcoming barriers to academic success and student learning.
- Acting as a liaison for effective communication between staff, students, families, and the community at large.
- Helping students recognize and celebrate their potential and uniqueness.
- Supporting students in developing self-exploration.
- Valuing diversity and multiculturalism.
- Proactively pursuing relationship with all students, knowing that it is the foundation for personal, spiritual and academic growth and success.
Danielle Lopez serves 7-12 grade students with last names starting in A-M. Mica Winskill serves 7-12 grade students with last names starting in N-Z & International Students. Devon Woodard serves students at our Mack Campus (Woodinville) and our Three Points Campus (Medina). Feel free to connect with them anytime during the school year for more information, for questions or support.