BCS Bus Routing System
Instead of having route numbers, each route has an animal associated with it. All information is listed over on the right of this page.
Want to know if a road on your route is closed? Find out here: Road Closure Update
- To provide safe and efficient transportation for the students of Bellevue Christian School.
- To staff buses with qualified Christian drivers and provide required training.
- To maintain ridership sufficient for efficient operation.
- To maintain and operate buses that meet Washington State regulations.
- To promote efficient methods of travel by encouraging families to use car pools, BCS transportation services, or Metro.
Bus routes and stops will be designed to provide safe and efficient transportation for students. Our goal is a one-hour or less ride time to or from school. Students are to be at their designated bus stop five minutes prior to the scheduled time in the morning. Buses cannot wait at morning stops for late students, or afternoon stops for late parents. At the driver’s discretion, younger riders may be returned to the junior/senior high campus if they are not picked up by parents.
A new contract MUST be completed each academic year.
The contract is located in ParentsWeb under Web Forms.
Route and Bus Stop Policies
Location of bus stops and route changes are the sole responsibility of the BCS administration; appeals can be made to the Transportation Manager.
Criteria for determining route changes or bus stops:
- Number of families served by the stop
- Special circumstances (age of children, etc.)
- Route efficiency (time and cost)
- Unauthorized or unscheduled bus stops are not allowed.
- Arrive at bust stop 5 minutes prior to AM pick up or PM drop off.
- Parents are required to provide a note for students when riding home as a guest on a bus.
- Parents are required to provide a note for students getting off at a location other than their assigned stop.
- If your student is an occasional rider, inform the driver of either pick up needed or drop off needed, if possible.
When school starts at 10 a.m., the morning kindergarten and morning preschool classes are canceled. All day kindergarten follows the altered schedule. Afternoon preschool and afternoon kindergarten operates on schedule.
Junior/Senior High Schedules
The Junior/Senior High will provide a special class schedule for days that start late. Unless notified otherwise, you may assume that all normal services and schedules, such as the switchboard, receptionist, and general supervision of the campus will begin at 10 a.m. However, events occurring before school, such as athletic practices, music and independent classes, will be canceled.
All buses will operate on regular bus routes.
The only changes will be the pickup or drop off times for each route if we have a late start or if we have an early dismissal. See the schedules listed on the right hand side on this webpage.
Early Dismissal Due to Weather
When weather conditions require an early dismissal from school, listen to the radio, check email and the BCS website for dismissal time and for transportation announcements.
If weather conditions necessitate the elimination of a bus stop, the driver will let students off as close as possible to the scheduled stop or at one of our school family’s home with instructions to call parents. We appreciate families working together to assure the safe arrival of our students. If students cannot be discharged safely, (young children must be discharged to a school family or designated adult) the driver will keep them on the bus and return to school and call the parents.
All 10am Start / Early dismissal and Regular Bus Schedules are posted on the website. If you have questions, please call the Transportation Manager at 454-4402, ext. 205.
Introducing morning service from Duvall to Clyde Hill campus. The stop is at Duvall Safeway at 7:09am.
REGULAR ROUTE TIMES
Clyde Hill JH/SH & Three Points Elementary
10:00 AM START /1:00 EARLY DISMISSAL ROUTE INFORMATION
All buses will operate on regular bus routes! Click name for pickup and drop off time changes: